In this article, I will shed light on How to Factory Reset an iPhone 14, 14 Pro, or 14 Pro Max. Apple has launched its new iPhone of series 14. You can check the specification of iPhone 14, 14 Pro, and 14 Pro Max on apple’s website. No doubt apple gives him better every time in every iPhone, no matter which iPhone it is. I’m sure now you are planning to buy a new one and sell your old iOS device. In this case, Firstly, you have to back up your data and make it safe. Your data is the priority that needs to be safe. Because if it goes, it never comes. For the privacy of your iOS device, you have to factory reset all the data to maintain privacy and security. Apple Company has provided us with many features in ios devices from time to time. Nevertheless, you must do it carefully without losing all data or breaking your device, or worse than that. Now the question is
- Is it safe?
- What will happen after the factory reset of my iPhone?
- How to factory reset iPhone 14?
- Is it worth buying iPhone 14?
Table of Contents
What will happen after I reset my iPhone 14?
When resetting iPhone 14 by utilizing the “Erase This iPho ne,” it will erase all your data, including all your own data, photographs, applications, and information, Apple ID, Find My Lock, and Apple Wallet also. So it is important to make a backup for all of your precious data before doing a factory reset. There are various ways to factory reset or hard reset all iPhone 14 models. The steps include using iCloud to back up your data, going to settings and selecting the “Transfer and Reset” option, using the volume buttons to hard reset, using the Find My iPhone website to reset without your device, and using recovery mode or DFU. It is important to be careful while performing a factory reset and to make sure all important data is backed up. As for whether it is worth buying an iPhone 14, that is a personal decision and depends on the individual’s needs and preferences.
There are various ways to Hard reset or Factory reset all iPhone 14 models. I have discussed below:-
How to Backup an iPhone 14, 14 Pro, or 14 Pro Max?
Once you log in to the ios devices using your mobile number and create an apple id, iCloud gets started by default. Making backing of data is inevitable before doing the factory reset in ios devices if, by mistake, any type of data gets lost, it will be gone forever. There are a lot of ways to back up your data. Following are some of the ways to back up data using iCloud.
- Go to settings.
- Tap on your name given at the top.
- Click on the iCloud option.
- Toggle the things you want to back up.
- Then scroll down > On the iCloud backup option if it is not on otherwise, ignore it.
- Click on the “Backup Now”.
- Please ensure that you have a strong internet connection while doing it.’
Method 1 >
How to Factory Reset an iPhone 14, 14 Pro, or 14 Pro Max
After backing up your data using iCloud, you must head to factory reset without losing your data. How to Factory Reset an iPhone 14.
- Open the setting app.
- Tap on “General”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Reset”.
- Select “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- A warning message will appear, tap “Erase Now”.
- Enter your passcode to confirm the reset.
- Wait for the reset process to complete.
Please note that factory resetting your device will erase all data, settings, and apps, and will restore the device to its original factory settings. And make sure you have backed up your data before resetting your phone if you don’t want to lose your data forever.
- How Does Dual Sim Work in Apple’s New iPhones
Method 2 >
How to Hard Reset iPhone 14 (All Models).
- Press and release the “VOLUME UP” Button, which is located on the left side of the device at the top.
- Press and release the “VOLUME Down” Button, which is located on the right side of the device at the bottom.
- Press and hold the side button (also known as the power button) located on the right side of the device at the top until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the side button. Your iPhone 14 will restart shortly.
Method 3 >
How to factory reset without your iPhone or from other iOS devices?
Please note that a hard reset is similar to a force restart and will not erase any data on your device, it will just force the device to restart. However, if you want to erase all data, settings, and apps, you should factory reset the device. It is possible to factory reset an iPhone 14 without using the device itself or without a passcode by using the Find My iPhone feature on another iOS device or on a computer. Here are the steps to do so:
How to Factory Reset an iPhone 14 without using your own iPhone or without a passcode. You have just to follow some of these steps:
- Log in to the Find My iPhone website using your Apple ID and password.
- Select your iPhone 14 from the list of devices associated with your Apple ID.
- Click on “Erase iPhone” and confirm the action.
The reset process will begin, and all data on the device will be erased. The iOS welcome screen will appear once the reset is complete.
Method 4 > (Bonus)
How to force restart iPhone 14 using recovery mode, or DFU.
Alternatively, you can also use recovery mode or DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode to force reset an iPhone 14, 14 Pro, or 14 Pro Max. This is useful in situations where the force restart does not work, if the device is stuck on a blue or red screen, or if it freezes during the factory reset process.
To enter recovery mode, you will need to connect your iPhone 14 to a Mac or PC using a lightning cable. Then press and release the “Volume Up” button, press and release the “Volume Down” button, and press and hold the side button until the recovery mode screen appears. From there you can select “Update” to reinstall iOS without deleting your data or “Restore” to erase all data stored in the iPhone and install a new, fresh copy of iOS.
Using recovery mood for iPhone 14 (All Models)
Using DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode is another method to factory reset an iPhone 14, 14 Pro, or 14 Pro Max, It is used when the recovery method fails. Here are the steps to enter DFU mode:
- Connect your iPhone 14 to a Mac or PC using a lightning cable.
- Choose “TRUST” on the iPhone screen, which allows the computer or MAC to access your iOS.
- Open Finder in macOS later or iTunes for PCs and macOS earlier.
- Press and release the “VOLUME UP” Button. (Left side upper button).
- Press and release the “VOLUME Down” Button. (Right side down button).
- Press and hold the side button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Select the iPhone in the left-hand sidebar of the Finder window.
It shows two options there:
Update:- Choose update for reinstall iOS without deleting your data.
Restore:- When you choose this option. It will erase all the data stored in iPhone 14 or other and install a new fresh copy of iOS.
Using DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) for iPhone 14, all models
This is the method to use when the recovery method fails.
- Connect your iPhone 14 to a Mac or PC using a lightning cable.
- Trust the computer or Mac on your iPhone 14 by choosing “Trust” on the iPhone screen.
- Open Finder on macOS later or iTunes for Macs and PCs running earlier versions of macOS.
- Press and release the “Volume Up” button.
- Press and release the “Volume Down” button.
- Press and hold the side button for approximately 10 seconds.
- While holding the side button, press and hold the volume down button for 5 seconds.
- Release the side button, but keep holding the volume down button for an additional 10 seconds.
- Once DFU mode is entered, your iPhone 14 screen will remain dark. If the Apple logo appears, it means you didn’t enter DFU mode correctly.
- Follow the prompts on your computer to complete the device firmware update.
- To exit DFU mode, you can perform a power restart.
Please note that performing a firmware update will erase all data, settings, and apps, and will restore the device to its original factory settings. And make sure you have backed up your data before resetting your phone if you don’t want to lose your data forever.
In summary, factory resetting an iPhone 14 can be a straightforward process but it is essential to remember to back up your data before proceeding. This article provides a detailed guide on how to factory reset an iPhone 14, including multiple methods such as using iCloud, using the settings app, using the Find My iPhone feature, using recovery mode, and using DFU mode. Each method has its own set of steps and can be used in different scenarios. It’s crucial to understand the implications of a factory reset as it will erase all data, settings, and apps, so make sure to back up your data before proceeding to avoid losing any important information. Remember to be cautious and follow the steps carefully to avoid any data loss.
THANKS FOR READING.